Monday, June 30, 2014

Ashelyn 27

"Tom!" Maya screamed.
Suddenly, a rustling in row bushes behind us made us jump. Vanessa had followed sum and was now staring in confusion at the rippling water.
"Maya's brother, he fell in!" I gasped.
Without another word, Vanessa jumped into the water.
I gasped. I knew that unless Vanessa came up soon with Tom, the cold night take the little boy, if not the water.
For about fifteen seconds, we waited.  But it seemed like hours.
Finally, a gasping Vanessa rose abruptly out of the waves, Tom draped limply over her shoulder.
We rushed over, as Vanessa put Tom down on the shore.
He lay there, motionless.
Suddenly, he gasped.
He was alive, but we weren't out of trouble yet.

4 comments:

  1. Right. Right as you get to the most suspenseful post, you decide not to post for at least (what time is it?) 27 hours and 10 minutes.
    There's a reason us writers are best friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Author Me has had a revamp! Find me now at ladykathrynsbook.blogspot.com

      Delete