"Arden, I.. I can't do this." Warren said.
Arden helped him stumble to the side of the line of marching soldiers. "Warren, what's wrong?" She asked.
"I can't fight my father like this." He said, his face pale.
"Well you certainly can't join him!" Arden whispered.
"I know, I just...I know he's a corrupt tyrant who doesn't really care about his country, nevertheless, he raised me and Eden. I can't just go in there and..."
"I get it, I...maybe you should just sit it out then. Go back to the senate building. If you really know that you can't do this than you shouldn't try to."
Warren nodded. "Go. You should still join the battle, just...be really careful, okay?" He said, struggling to his feet.
Arden smiled grimly. "Yeah, I'll try. See you back at the senate."
Arden rejoined Earysta and her team moments before they set off the first war cannon.
When they did set it off, a heavy net spread over a dozen soldiers or more.
More war cannons were set off, and Earysta let out a battle cry. They rushed headlong into the battle, fighting for their lives. And freedom.
Amazingly, the battle didn't last long, but it still took a toll on Arden. Bruises and cuts now decorated her arms, and blood dripped into her eyes from a cut on her forehead.
"Rebels, remember the plan! Split their army in two!" Someone yelled.
Arden caught sight of Poppy helping a limping Paisley out of the battle and into an alley.
Victoria was dueling with a skilled soldier, and Arden came up behind him and kicked him. He fell to the ground, and Victoria shot Arden a grateful smile, before stepping away into the battle.
"We have him! Prescott is running!"
"Someone tackle him!"
Voices rose in the air, and Arden caught a glance of Prescott running for dear life away from the battle.
Arden sprinted with all her might towards him.
At five feet away from him, she wiped the blood off her face, and as she did so she tripped and fell
hard.
"That's it. Now Prescott gets away." Arden thought miserably. She didn't dare look up to undoubtedly see Prescott getting away.
Suddenly, the sound of someone falling to the ground surprised Arden.
She looked up.
Warren had stayed. He had tackled Prescott, and now he stood over his father, staring down furiously at the man by his feet.
"Sorry, Dad, but you won't be getting away so easily."
At five feet away from him, she wiped the blood off her face, and as she did so she tripped and fell
hard.
"That's it. Now Prescott gets away." Arden thought miserably. She didn't dare look up to undoubtedly see Prescott getting away.
Suddenly, the sound of someone falling to the ground surprised Arden.
She looked up.
Warren had stayed. He had tackled Prescott, and now he stood over his father, staring down furiously at the man by his feet.
"Sorry, Dad, but you won't be getting away so easily."
No comments:
Post a Comment