Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Ashelyn 22

"I think we should be getting back..." Mr. Carson (Maya's dad) said, peering out the window at the storm.
"Alright. Goodness, I hope this storm lets up soon." My mum said.
The Carson's gathered up their children, and made for their home.
"I hope they're all right. After all, their back porch almost hangs out over the loch, and their house is only one story."

My dad went into the kitchen to wash up the dishes, and my mum tidied up the living room, my aunt Maggie helping her.
My uncle was upstairs, and Vanessa was on her sleek white smartphone. Suddenly, the lights flickered off, and Vanessa gasped.
"Power outage." My mum realized.
"Because of the storm? Wow, I didn't realize it was so powerful." Aunt Maggie said.
My dad came out of the kitchen. "I need help in the kitchen! We need to fill up as many pots and pans with water as we can!"
Me, mum, and aunt Maggie rushed into the dark kitchen.
Vanessa trudged after. "Why do we need to fill up on water?" She asked.
"With a storm like this, I wouldn't be at all surprises if it's damaging the plumbing. It won't be long before we run out of water from the taps." My dad explained.
Vanessa gulped. "I'll go fill up the bathtub upstairs." She rushed away.
A loud pounding at the front door made me jump. I opened the door to find the Carson's dripping wet, standing on our porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment