"Artie, Maggie!" My mum shouted. My aunt and uncle looked over in our direction. My mum waved excitedly.
My mum ran happily over to her brother, giving him a big hug, followed my a hug for my aunt Maggie.
Vanessa stood with a hand on her hip, looking over at us. I took Ella's hand and walked over.
"Hi, Vanessa. Um, welcome to Scotland." I said.
"Right, yeah. So...it's been a while, huh?" She said, looking bored.
"I guess you could call twelve years a while." I said. My dad came over and picked up a giggling Ella, and said to us, "Come on girls, we should be getting all of you back to the house. Vanessa, you're probably tired."
When we got back to the house, Aunt Maggie and Uncle Artie got the guest room, and Vanessa got a a newly purchased cot. Which was placed in my room.
Vanessa and I would be roommates for the rest of the summer.
No comments:
Post a Comment