My name is Ashelyn Boyd. I live in Scotland. My dad, Eddie Boyd, is a fisherman, and my mum, Anna Boyd, works in our local grocery store. I have a little sister, Ella, who is the sweetest little thing in the world.
It's summer, and school is finally out, thank goodness!
My best friend Maya Carson, lives down the road from my family's cottage, where she has five little brothers. Her dad's also a fisherman, and basically my dad's best friend.
And let me tell you, this summer will be the most extraordinary summer. Ever.
My alarm clock beeped loudly, waking me from a deep sleep.
I reached over and slapped the snooze button. I fell out of bed, thinking of the coming school day. Then i remembered. Last Friday had been the last day of school.
Relieved, I turned off my alarm clock for good, and walked down the hall to our kitchen.
It was small, with simple white counter-tops, a wooden dining table in the corner, and an oven, a small fridge and a sink, no dishwasher.
No comments:
Post a Comment