Monday, June 2, 2014

Ashelyn 2

I pulled on jeans and t-shirt, grabbing tennis shoes on my way out of my room.
We were maybe thirty feet from the sea in our little cottage. And in case you're thinking about a beach, maybe with a nice big stretch of sand, you'd be wrong.
The water is cold and dark, and the closest thing to a stretch of sand is the shore, which is blanket of pebbles and broken shells and rock stretching down to the water.
I dropped my shoes a few feet from the water, pulling off my socks, and stepping ankle deep into the water. It was cold, as it usually was, but I didn't mind.
Leaning down, I picked up a stone perfect for skipping across the water. Before I could spin it, I heard someone calling down me from the small cliff overlooking the shore.
Looking up, I saw my best friend Maya waving.
"Hi Maya!"


No comments:

Post a Comment