Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Ashelyn 5

Maya and I rode back down the road to our street, our few purchases stowed in our backpacks.
As we rode, we chatted and laughed, and when I saw that my family's car was gone and that my mum had left a note on our door saying "Your dad and I have gone out to the store and the post office, I've asked Maya's mum if you can stay with them until we get back!", so I hung out with Maya for the rest of the afternoon.
When my parents got home, they were laden down with shopping bags, and in my mum's hand was a brown envelope.
I said bye to Maya and walked back over to my house, pushing my bike along next to me.
When I got in, mum and dad were sitting in the living room talking.
"Oh, hi hon. Fun time at Maya's?" My mum said.
I nodded. "Yep! Hey, is that letter from America?" I asked.
"Yes, it from your aunt and uncle. Guess what, they're coming to visit for the summer, your cousin too!"

1 comment: