Monday, June 16, 2014

Ashelyn 17

"It seems like there's a lot more things to do in New York than there are here..." Vanessa sniffed.
Maya glared at my cousin. "Oh yeah? Have you even been out of this house since you got here?"
Vanessa stood. "Excuse me. No doubt I can find something better to do than sit here and talk it you two." She strutted away.
"Ugh,  Maya, I don't think I can stand another day with her, much less the rest of summer."

Later, Maya went home, and aunt Maggie laid out what she had prepared for dinner.
"Well, I obviously couldn't find all I needed to make this right here in kitchen, so I had Anne here take me to that store in town- Morrison's, wasn't it. Well, anyway, here it is- fried chicken, baked beans, and cheesy casserole!"
"Wow, this certainly...isn't what we're used to!" My dad said, staring down at the meal.
"Poor chicken!" My little sister Ella said, looking like she might decide to cry, which she likes to do in front of newcomers.
"Ella, we eat fish that dad has caught all the time, this isn't that different!" I said.
"Oh. Okay!" She said, taking a big bite of the fried chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment