Paisley, Poppy and Victoria stared as Arden ran off into the valley.
Victoria looked slightly worried, "Do you think we should go after her?" She wondered.
"She'll be fine." Paisley snapped, turning away from the concerned looks of Victoria and Poppy.
Paisley sat down on her make-shift cot, shuffled uncomfortably.
Victoria began preparing the animal she had caught, and Poppy just laid on her back, staring at the ever darkening sky.
Arden wandered around the valley,angry tears occasionally welling in her eyes. The sky was black now, and the stars and moon shone down brightly, countering Arden's furious mood.
"Hey, who are you?"
Arden jumped as someone called out from her left.
"Where are you?" Arden demanded. Two people came out from behind a large tree, a young girl and an older guy, maybe around seventeen or eighteen.
"What are you doing out here?" The girl asked. She was somewhere around eight or nine, as far as Arden could guess.
"My camp...why should I trust you?" Arden asked warily.
The boy grinned, shrugging. "I don't know, maybe you shouldn't, but you can never really know for sure!"
Arden glared at him, not minding to seem rude.
The girl stepped in front of the boy. "Sorry, I usually don't let him talk to people unless they know us really well," She joked, "I'm Eden, and this is my brother Warren. We were part of a caravan traveling to Norshire, but when we stopped here, Warren decided we were going to 'live off the land' or some junk like that. Now we live in this valley, between the inner and outer walls."
Arden figured that was to much information on their part for her to not share any of hers, so she said, "I'm Arden, and I'm here...'travailing' with my sister and some...family friends. Uh, when was the last time you were in the city?"
The siblings shrugged. "A few weeks ago. Why?" Warren replied.
Arden bit her lip, then launched into an explanation. "Oh, then there a couple things you should know...the city was taken over by rebels, and it was invaded by Norshiren soldiers that turned out to be hired thugs and actually my sister and my friends aren't travelling, we escaped from the Lower Level prison because the council locked us up because we knew too much of their plans and then my friend had to use a knife she hides in her boot to cut open the door, and we escaped."
Warren stared, shocked. Eden looked bewildered.
Arden gasped for breath. "I'll take you to my camp, and explain the rest there."
Wow, maybe I should post shorter entries! Possible Evening Edition tonight, by the way!
ReplyDeleteTwo things:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! and YAY!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd a third: did you get the 'junk' thing from Anna?
YES! I totally did! You know me so well! :)
ReplyDelete