Saturday, May 10, 2014

Ironhollow 38

Victoria had already wrenched open the utility door leading down into the tunnel, and the stench drifted up to the others as they came near.
"Oh my word. That smells-" Paisley gagged.
Warren looked green, covering his nose. Poppy was grimacing, staring in dismay at the sewer. Victoria was laughing at the others, while still doing her bet to breath only through her mouth, and Arden had refused to come any closer as soon as the others had started yelling about the stench.
Eden was the only one who look calm. She had been rifling around in her bag-pack, and finally took out five handkerchiefs.
"Where did you get those?" Arden called. Warren had gone to stand with her, where they would be safe from the foul odor.
"I made them. I was really bored one day, so..."
"But there are only five," Paisley noticed, "Who is going to be the only one who-" She stopped.
Arden had raised her hand, and now she was at the front of the group, pinching her nose so hard it was turning red.
They all descended into the tunnel, with Arden in the front, Warren and Eden walking next to her, and every one else in an orderly line behind them.
They sloshed through the tunnel, all being very careful not to look at what they were sloshing through. 
Soon, a light glinted at the end of the tunnel, and they all sped up. Finally, they reach the end, which was unfortunately blocked by iron bars.
Victoria stepped forward confidently. "I know how these kind of bars work. I watched a blacksmith making these kind once. We just need to push up right...here." Victoria ran her fingers along the iron, stopping at one point. She widened her stance, and grabbed the bar, pushing upwards with all her might. Arden and Warren stepped forward to help, and with all three of them pushing, it snapped off it's cement groundings and crashed to the ground.
"Uh, not the exact result I was hoping for, but as long as it gets us out of here." Victoria shrugged.
They rushed out to the field of clean fresh smelling grass, and thankfully took off their handkerchiefs.
A few of them tried to hand them back to Eden, but she stepped back. "No, no. I don't want them! Keep them!"
Warren had climbed up a hill a few dozen yards away. "Guys, I see Dastunoff!"
"Let's get moving!" Arden exclaimed, and she marched up the hill to Warren, everyone else trailing behind her.

No comments:

Post a Comment