Paisley looked up from the fire at the rustling grass. Arden was coming towards thew camp, and Poppy was running to meet her. Paisley squinted. Where there two people with Arden? She stood up, keeping an uninterested look on her face.
Arden paid her no heed, looking instead at Victoria and Poppy.
"Guys, this is Warren and Eden. I met them out in the valley, and I told them about, well, the situation."
Victoria nodded. She understood.
She motioned for them to sit down by the fire, and they complied, settling down near the blaze.
"Did you live in the city?" Poppy asked.
Warren shook his head. "No, not really. We spent a few nights in an inn, then came out here. We've haven't even been living out here long, a few weeks, I guess. Er, I heard you escaped from prison?" He shot a glance at Arden.
Paisley stared at her sister. "You told them?!"
Arden shrugged guiltily, "Er...whoops."
"Whoops?! I hardly think that this is a 'whoops' situation. Why'd you tell them?"
Arden glared at her sister. "It slipped out."
Paisley rolled her eyes.
Warren pretended not to notice the obvious tension, and shuffled in his seat.He said, "So...? What are we doing here again?"
No comments:
Post a Comment