Warren and Arden had rented out three tiny rooms, each with two tiny cots.
"Well, I suppose I'll share with Paisley, Victoria and Poppy can be in the next room over, and Warren and Eden can have the last room?" Arden suggested, although she herself wasn't sure how she would fare sharing a room with her sister, the business Initiate.
Everyone agreed, although Paisley did look a little hesitant herself.
Upstairs, Arden perched on the edge of her bed, which was a small cot with rough blankets, but even it was better than sleeping on the ground, as she did the previous night.
Paisley walked in, and Arden didn't look at her. She just continued to stare at the ground in silence.
"Look, Arden, I'm sorry. I didn't really think about what i was doing, I guess." Paisley said, breaking the silence.
"Yes, evidently," Arden stood, and looked out the window, "It didn't even occur to you? That was my life, and you just..."
Paisley narrowed her eyes. "I've said I'm sorry. What else to do you want? Besides, it's not like there aren't others, like Art." She said.
"So you expect me to just sit back and compromise while you live my dream?!" Arden demanded.
"Well, that's what I had been doing for the last, like, eight years of my life! I never wanted to be an Artisan!"
Arden stood. And with a last muttered, "Unbelievable." she left the room, left the Inn, and vanished into the shadows of the Dastunoff.
No comments:
Post a Comment