Warren sat in silence. Across from him, Arden kept glancing up at him, scribbling in a notebook.
Closing her notebook, Arden placed her writing tools down on the leather seat beside her.
"What's it like?" Arden asked.
"What?"
"What's it like to live like royalty?" Arden asked, gazing out the window.
"Well, it's pretty great, I guess. But it's hard sometimes. I mean, I have to act all...'princely' in front of the public and my dad. And, traveling with you and the others has shown me that living like this is far easier than life in a castle." Warren said.
"What about Eden?" Arden asked, "What's it like for her?"
Warren smiled. "Eden thinks it's the best thing in the world, but since she's younger that me she doesn't really have responsibilities. But knowing her, she'll love it when she finally does get responsibilities." He answered.
Arden sighed, a hint of relief in her tone, "Well, I have to admit, when I found out you were kind of a prince, I assumed that you had a super easy life, and that you would never understand what's it's like for us, to live a far from 'easy' life." Arden said.
Warren nodded.
"And thanks for coming to get me today, by the way."
Warren smiled. "We thought you were being interrogated in a prison, not having tea with the king in the royal sitting room!"
No comments:
Post a Comment