The Inside the senate building was trashed, most likely by rebels.
Shards of broken windows were scattered across the floor, and boot prints covered the dusty floor.
"I think I hear people down that corridor!" Warren said, his voice echoing in the large empty space.
The four of them walked down the corridor. The walls were singed in places, as if people bearing torches had run through.
"They must have stormed the senate building last night." Eden commented, running her hand along the soot blackened wall.
"I guess the rebels will be surprised when we say we're on their side now." Arden murmured to Warren, who looked at her in surprise.
"You've met with the rebels?" He asked.
Arden nodded. "Remember when we first met and I blurted out that we had just eacapes from prison? Well, we had just gotten out of the Lower Levels prison." Arden said.
Warren sighed. "It's kinda funny how much things have changed, now instead of fighting the rebels, we're with them, and instead of fighting with my father, we're..." He trailed off.
"Now you're against him?" She finished.
He nodded.
Suddenly, just before they reached the end of the corridor, one of the soldier came running up.
"The army is coming towards the senate building! And the king is with them!"
"Have they captured him?" Victoria asked.
The soldier shook his head. "No. He's leading them!"
No comments:
Post a Comment