The next morning, Poppy came knocking on Paisley's door.
Paisley wandered groggily over to the door. She opened it. "Oh, hey Poppy. What's up?" She asked sleepily.
"We figured we would get an early start, so we're all getting up and we're going to meet downstairs in, like, fifteen minutes." Poppy explained.
"Oh, okay. I'll tell Arden..." She turned to her older sister's cot. The blankets were un disturbed except for where Arden had sat the previous night. Suddenly, Paisley remembered.
"Oh. Um, Arden and I argued last night. She ran off, but I thought she would have been back by now..." Paisley bit her lip anxiously.
Poppy swallowed. "Er, we should tell the others. Dustanoff is a small place, it shouldn't be that hard to find her if we all work together." Poppy assured her, and they went downstairs.
Waiting in the eating area were Warren and Eden, Victoria was not yet down.
"Good morning. Hey, where's Arden?" Warren wondered, yawning.
"Arden is...missing. She and I, well, never mind. She got mad and ran off last night, and I thought she would have been back by now, but..."
Warren looked concerned, "We need to go out and look! I doubt she went far, she probably had some reason for not coming back." He said.
Eden agreed, as did Victoria when she had come down and the situation explained to her.
"Well," Paisley said determinedly, "let's go find my sister."
No comments:
Post a Comment