Sunday, April 20, 2014

Ironhollow 11

Arden quickly dressed in a black and white dress she had had for ages, and threw on some shoes, rushing down the stairs to see Paisley waiting in her black dress. "Well, I guess we should get going!" Arden said.
Paisley gave her a weak thumbs up.
It was true, there was an Artisan banquet, and Paisley was planning on attending; but only after she had interviewed for the role of Business Initiate.
You might wonder, why would a fourteen year-old girl want to switch from art and drama and creativeness, to join politics and debate and all that boring stuff? Well, Paisley's answer would be: "Business opens up so many options, and I really am good at it! I can't turn something like that down."
The Porter sisters stood next to the door, an awkward silence settling between them. Arden was suspicious. Why would care-free, restless, lively Paisley want to sit through hours of speeches, surrounded by a bunch of important people eating expensive food? She decided to let it slide.

Later, after they arrived in the city square, Arden lost sight of Paisley, who had called over her shoulder, "Uh, I have to go...do something important. Or something. Bye!"
Paisley ran down a hall, pushing past people until she reached a glass door etched with 'Interview Room'.
She opened the door.
A woman looked up from a desk. "Are you hear for the interview?" She asked.
Paisley nodded. "Yes, I'm Paisley Porter. I'm here to interview to be a business Initiate."




A Note From The Author Of Wordsmith- Sorry for the late post! Easter Sunday- pretty busy!

2 comments:

  1. Please post more. I get depressed pushing the refresh-screen button every five seconds for half an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Same with your blog- do more!!
    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete