Paisley stumbled down the stairs and through the hall, wobbling dangerously on high-heeled shoes. She had gone out shopping a few hours previously, and had purchased a 'sophisticated' outfit, including a sleek black dress, the high heeled shoes, and assorted silver jewelry.
Attempting to sneak past the kitchen and den, she made a run for the front door. She stumbled, falling to her knees as one of the stiletto heels broke off.
Muttering angrily, Paisley snapped off the other heel and stood, kicking off the shoes.
Before she could escape back up stairs to throw on a random pair of flats, all three of her housemates came from various places in the house.
"Paisley, what...?" Arden looked bewildered as she scanned her little sister from head to toe, taking in the black dress, the jewelry, and the discarded footwear on the floor.
"I'm, uh...going to an Artisan's banquet!" That would serve as a believable cover story.
"Oh, why didn't you say so? We'll come with you!"
Paisley barely held back a groan. There went her chances of getting to her interview.
What interview, you might wonder? Her interview to finally become a business initiate.
A Note From The Author Of Wordsmith- I know that the story-line is kind of slow right now, but soon, in the coming posts, things will get exciting. One hint: "War is coming."
ooh! keep writing, PLEASE!!! I don't know if I'm the only follower, or one in a billion (hopefully the latter), but PLEASE! For the sake of the precious!
ReplyDeleteThe precious? Okay...
Delete