Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ironhollow 24

Goldie's house was the oddest thing the Porters had ever seen.
Instead of a fireplace, a primitive fire-pit sat buried in the floor, surrounded by what appeared to be chairs with the legs cut off.
From the low ceiling hung flower pots and rusty wind-chimes. But the walls were among the strangest: Goldie had apparently vandalized her own house, streaks of bright neon and entire walls filled with two doubling words: Operation Iron.
Paisley pointed this out. "What's 'Operation Iron'?" she asked. Goldie's eyes narrowed. "Something the council of the Lower Levels concocted a while back."
Arden stared at Goldie. "There isn't a council for the Lower Levels." She said slowly. Goldie smiled sadly.
"Yes, well, maybe not an official one. Operation Iron is- actually, I'll let the council tell you. I'll take you to them."
Goldie led them to the door.
"I still don't trust you, but I gotta ask; do you know anything about this Operation Iron?" Arden asked Victoria, who replied, "I've heard whispering's of it, but nothing more. I'm in the dark as much as you are."

No comments:

Post a Comment