Thursday, July 31, 2014

Deimos Rising 3

Leaning back in my chair, I gazed out of my port-side window at the stars. I hit a few keys on the keyboard I had attached to my flight counsel, bringing up the holographic map.
I traced my finger along the route I had set out to the outlands. I would have to pass through a security gate, but It wouldn't be a problem as long as I had enough money to bribe the security guard.
Don't get me wrong, most of what's left of the human government isn't corrupt or anything, but the people who've spent most of their lives out in the outlands are a different story.
A blinking button on the counsel caught my attention.
I pressed it, bringing up a new hologram. "A Teludav spacecraft..." I muttered.
The Teludav were a race of humanoid aliens, with whom we humans shared most planets. They were peaceful, but nevertheless, a lone cargo ship, most likely without a lot of firepower, could be tempting to any Teludav.
I slipped my headset over my ears and positioned the mic in front of my mouth.
An alert blipped in the corner of my screen. They were hailing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment