Monday, July 28, 2014

Deimos Rising 1

I swung my legs up onto the counsel, my chunky headset slipping off my ears and onto my shoulders.
Leaning back in my cracked leather chair and gazing out my starboard window at the space station, I lifted the mic of the headset up to my mouth.
"Control, this is cargo ship Eighty Five B. Requesting permission to dock." I said.
A series of alien clicks responded. I waited, pushing my white-blond hair out of my face. They assumed I was an alien, seeing as their are millions of them, and not many humans left, thanks to the Katigur.
A human voice repeated. "Permission granted. Dock at port 124 to receive your next cargo shipment."
I shoved a lever, switching the ship onto the automatic docking systems.
As soon as we docked, I locked the docking clamps and rose from my seat.
I pulled my chunky leather overcoat on over my black tunic dress, and I walking confidently down my dented hall down the outer port.
I swung open the port door and stepped out onto the cold docking station of Cargo Station 6.
An officer came up to meet me, clipboard in hand.
"Name?" He asked.
"Titan comma Veleriana."  I hated my name. Valeriana. It was way too girly, totally not my style. Thats why I usually went with just Valeri.

No comments:

Post a Comment