The captain of the space pirates smiled grimly. "Greetings, human," she said in a faint accent, "No doubt you are carrying cargo to the Outlands, yes? Well, hand over your shipment and we can part ways without having to exchange...damage."
I glanced at my fuel level. It wasn't as high as I would have wanted, but it was enough for me to make one quick burst of hyper space, enough to reach the security gates to the Outlands, and if the pirates had any common sense, they wouldn't dare come near.
The captain of the ship was still waiting. "Well? Send out your cargo and nothing unfortunate will have to happen."
My finger hovered over the button to end the transmission. "Well, not that it isn't an extremely gracious offer, but i'll have to decline. Unfortunately for you, i'll be leaving with my cargo bay full."
I blasted the engines, overriding the autopilot and taking manual control.
A steering wheel that i had hooked up from an old mustang slid out of the counsel. I grabbed hold of it, gunned the engine and sent out four small missiles.
I typed a quick code into the computer, and the computer voice echoed in the cockpit. "Five seconds to hyperspace. Repeat, five seconds to hyperspace."
The pirates particle cannons nearly missed my portside engine.
"Four seconds to hyperspace."
I released an ion charge from my frontside blasters.
"Three seconds to hyperspace."
The ion charge hit it's mark, tearing off layers of protective shielding on the pirate's ship.
"Two seconds to hyperspace. One second to hyperspace. Zero."
The engines hummed, and suddenly the stars were stretching. I blasted away, into my hyperspace window.
No comments:
Post a Comment