Brynn was nice enough to Ashelyn at first, but once the thunder storm started, things got bad.
"Don't worry, girls, the storm isn't a bad one. We're not even expecting it to last more than an hour or two." My mom said reassuringly.
"That's good," Brynn said, "I don't think some of us would handle it very well." She smiled as if she had made a joke.
She didn't even glance at Ashelyn.
"Um, why don't we watch a movie in the den? Ashelyn, you can come too, if you want." I said, glancing at Brynn as I spoke. She seemed to pout a little bit, then put on her smile. "Yeah, come on Ashelyn. It'll be fun."
We watched a short movie, and both Brynn and Ashelyn seemed to have fun.
But my cousin kept glancing out the window at the rain.
"It's lasting longer than I thought it would..." She said, a nervous tone in her voice.
Brynn sighed. "You really need to chill. I mean, how are you scared of a little rain? And that thing that happened in the locker room? Please, you-"
"Let's talk about something else-"
This time it was Ashelyn to interrupt. "You don't even know why storms bother me! You have no idea why, and you just sit there making assumptions! You know why they bother me?! Because I lost my home to a flood, and I could've lost my family too!"
She stormed out of the apartment, heading down to the lobby.
No comments:
Post a Comment